The amplitude of input 1 is compared to input 2 and when the difference is less than the window size, the output is high
This deceivingly simple circuit can be used in many configurations:
- Generate (multiple) sub-period events
- Pulse wave generation with new flavor of voltage controlled PWM shifting between root and one octave up
- Create evolving rhythmic patterns
- Use with an envelope to create a voltage controlled event delay
- Add looping to any re-triggerable envelope with voltage control over the loop point
- Add some interest to an oscillator as a sidechain processor that creates frequency tracking non-linearities.